Long time, no posts! Life has been busy and a little chaotic lately, but I had to make time to share this easy dinner idea.
In my house Fridays are usually for pizza. Sometimes we order out and other times we do frozen pizza (kind of yuck, I know.) Occasionally we will make it ourselves. This time we used just a few ingredients to throw together flatbread pizzas that turned out amazing and we will definitely be making again!
I love this recipe because it is SO easy and you can customize it with whatever toppings you want. Personally, I love the combo of FRESH mozzarella, minced garlic, and tomatoes. I’ve been working towards a healthier lifestyle and being more conscious of what I eat. Trying to stay away from processed meats right now and with this delicious combo, I don’t even miss them! Pepperoni who?
- Naan Bread
- Olive Oil
- Tomato sauce – I used Newman’s Own Organic Basil and Tomato (So good!)
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mozzarella – not the shredded kind! (I recommend the pack that comes in little balls)
- Grape Tomatoes – Chopped in halves
- On a glass or metal baking sheet, cover lightly with olive oil. Put naan bread on baking sheet.
- Lightly brush olive oil onto the naan bread.
- Spread on the garlic (measure with your heart!)
- Sprinkle some fresh basil.
- Spread on the sauce to your liking.
- Add as much or as little mozzarella as you’d like!
- Lastly add grape tomatoes. I used about half of a container for 3 small pizzas.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes.
- Take the pizzas out, let them cool, and enjoy!
If you have any healthy pizza recipes, share the link in the comments. I would love to try it out!