This is an easy, healthy, inexpensive, and delicious egg bake that works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! What’s not to love? Zucchini is my favorite squash. Both sweet potatoes and zucchini are vitamin and mineral rich. They both also contain antioxidants. I throw together an egg bake about once per week on average. We usually have it as a dinner and then my husband and I will pack it for lunch for the next day or two. Here is how to make it:
• One dozen large eggs
• Extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup almond milk -or- you can use regular milk (ew)
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 chopped sweet potato
• 1 chopped zucchini
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• ½ tsp parsley
• ½ tsp oregano
• Optional: ½ cup shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop your veggies! Heat olive oil in large skillet with minced garlic until fragrant over medium heat. Throw in sweet potato and cook for a couple minutes before adding in the onion and zucchini. Sautee for another 5 minutes or so. Set aside your veggies
- Using a mixing bowl, mix a dozen eggs with the almond milk (or regular milk if you must). Add in the salt, pepper, parsley and oregano.
- In a greased baking dish (I usually grease with a little olive oil or an olive oil based butter) add in your sautéed veggies and spread evenly.
- Dump the eggs over the veggies.
- Optional – top with ½ cup of shredded Italian cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes
- Use a toothpick or butter knife to make sure the eggs are baked all the way through and then enjoy!
Pack a Lunch Essentials:
Follow Melted Crayon Mess on Social Media